Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh so Danish Modern


Found some AMAZING chairs today at an estate sale. They are vintage Stow and Davis office chairs circa 1957. They are currently upholstered aqua leather, but I'm planning on having them re-done in fabric. Best part about them is they came from the office of LBJ. He purchased them while he was a Senator and decided he did not like them and gave them to an Austin family (The folks who I got the chairs from today). The ad above is from Fortune Magazine. My chairs are just like the gold one. I also found an article in the statesman with a photo of the office. You can see a chair just like mine , but it gold in the foreground.

1 comment:

home.less.yonder said...

I found two of these chairs at a flea market in Houston TX and was hoping you could help me with some questions about who the designer was (thought it was Finn Juhl at first) and approximate value...