Sunday, July 03, 2005

5 x 7

To give or not to give? Arthouse gave me a call this week asking for more artwork to show at the Coduit Gallery in Dallas. My work sold out instantly at the Austin show. I'm not sure if I should send them more work or not. This year the gallery started requiring artist to pay for tickets to the 5 x 7 event so many of my friends boycotted the show. However, it is one of my favorite shows and it helped me get representation with GenArt New York a few years ago.

I want to start showing more in Dallas so in some ways it makes sense to a part of the show. Lots of people will see my work and a gallery owner or collector may want some prints, but it maybe better if I wait and show all of the work at once. It's hard to know what's best.

PS Ryan sure looks good in all black even if Travis thinks he looks like he's on his way to a funeral.

No comments: